Organizations Risk Factors:
- Employees are responsible for approximately 60% of losses due to fraud, information, and property thefts.
- US organizations lose an average of 6% of their revenues to all forms of occupational fraud according to the ACFS. The cost of fraud from such things as employee espioage or identity thft is estimated around $6 billion annually.
- 5% of US companies have serious incidents of workplace violence.
- Researchers from the NIOSH estimate that the average cost of workplace homicide is $800,000.
- Negligent hiring lawsuits that result in a jury trail cost, on average, over $3 million to employers that lose, while cases settled prior to trial are running around $500,000.